Freshbooks is looking for a seasoned Product Manager (Technical a plus) to join our team. If you're passionate about quality and have impeccable taste for amazing product experiences, we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Be the key liaison between company stakeholders and the scrum team, representing the interests and priorities of the business
- Be the curator of the project and sprint backlogs to ensure the team's always working on the most important things, knows what's next. and knows when they're done.
- Be the team's primary communicator and presenter, ensuring the rest of the org, executives, and other stakeholders are made aware of all major decisions and their implications
- Be an advocate for members of the team; provide opportunities to showcase their contributions (e.g. sprint demos, etc.) so their work is recognized
- Be a champion of user-centered design that centers on empathy for our customers
- Attend stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos, retros and generally be available for the team
- Work with the team lead to develop an initial backlog of user-stories at the start of each project based on the epic(s)
- Lead your team (7-12) through a clear articulation of vision and goals, and ensure everyone's bought in
- Groom the backlog in advance of each sprint so the team is always unblocked and working on the highest priority work
- Spec out functionality and behaviors where needed so requirements are clearly understood by developers and QA
- Ensure that design, copy and other deliverable are delivered to the team in a timely manner
- Prepare and coordinate sprint demos with the team members who will present and the scrum master
- Collaborate with marketing on product launch collateral and activities
- Report out to stakeholders and execs on the adoption, engagement uptake of products launched in-market
What you have:
- You're passionate leader, an excellent communicator and UX minded.
- A history of shipping major features throughout your career proving world-class service
- Experience woking with Consumer facing products
- 5+ years proven work experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented Scrum team (Scrum Master, Developers, and Designers) that employs agile methodologies to deliver super-awesome-game-changing experiences.
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there.
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team, just talking to them
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without the ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between
Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com