Location: Vancouver, Canada
Tasked with envisioning and executing on tools and technologies that drive world-class quality is our Central Development Services (CDS) team at Electronic Arts. This group is on the forefront of emerging technologies and tools that enable our teams to create and code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope and evolving the Quality function, designed to be nimble, innovative and preventive, rather than solely detective.
We are now searching for an experience Software Engineer to join our Central Quality Intelligence Platform. The Quality Intelligence Platform tools and methodologies trigger and collect events data from internal and external systems, prepare it for analysis, develop and run queries against the data, and create reports, dashboards and data visualizations to make the analytical results available to decision makers.
The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across of groups and individuals to be part of a larger community.
- A minimum of 6+ years of technology industry experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience developing client-server, web, and/or cloud technologies used in either games, data processing, web sites or game online services
- Experience in a role leading other software developers, systems engineers, and QA in development and operations of a SaaS based product.
- Experience with modern web development tools and frameworks based on Java (Spring, Struts, Play!, or others), .NET (ASP.NET, WebAPI, .NET MVC, ect.), or others (Ruby, Python, PHP, ect.)
- Experience working with databases and good knowledge of SQL and data modeling, along with knowledge of planning and designing for the growth of large data sets
- Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services is expected.
- Experience with and/or exposure to micro-services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and building one or more scalable, resilient and performant web service
- Knowledgeable in software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
- Demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change, capable of delegating responsibility and triage to other engineers on their team as a leader.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of big data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Spark etc would be desirable.
- Experience or desire to learn functional programming concepts through languages such as Scala, F#, Erlang, or others.
- Experience with Video Game development is a plus
- Knowledge of test automation and/or development process improvements.
- Passion for the entertainment industry and distributed development.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills
- Experience working cross functionally with teams that are distributed across multiple different geographic regions
- Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.
- Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions with little supervision.
- Ability to work independently as part of a distributed organization