McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The SQL Server Database Administrator role requires a highly competent and highly motivated individual who wants to strengthen their technical abilities and grow their professional career. This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Excellent analytical skills, time management skills, communication skills, ability to prioritize and multi task, ability to routinely make effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction is required.
- Production Support, Resolving problem tickets and Tier1 database support
- Database Security and Audit Compliance
- Scripting and Automation
- Install, Configure, Manage and Monitor Databases
2+ years experience in database administration
- Minimum 2 years of database administration experience in a Windows/AIX/Linux environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Identifies server hardware, software and configurations necessary for running databases in an optimal fashion
- Performs database installation, configuration, patching and upgrades in a SOX compliant environment
- Installs, configures and integrates third party applications and tools as needed
- Develop procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, preventing customer impact
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols and standards
- Control and monitor user access to databases and ensure regulatory and security compliance
- Collaborates with all members of IT to ensure successful application and database implementations
- Follow release management, change management and quality assurance standards
- Assumes ownership of database related problems; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Responsible for opening, managing, escalating and resolving issues with database vendors
- Assists vendor support services as well as IT team members to quickly resolve problems
- Monitor and analyze database performance and make changes to optimize performance
- Responsible for working with the development/support teams to optimize SQL statements
- Responsible for solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary
- Learn and stay current on database features and functionality
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Provide 24x7 support and participate in on-call rotation
- Must have experience implementing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server versions 2008 R2 – 2014
- Good knowledge of Windows and SQL Server Clustering and/or Always On Availability Groups
- Experience supporting SQL Server in a virtual environment specifically VMWare
- Extensive use of logical backup and restore technologies
- Good understanding of SQL Server log shipping mechanism
- Experience patching and upgrading SQL Server
- Experience supporting SQL Server backup, recovery, business continuity and troubleshooting
- Experience scripting and automating solutions using Powershell, Perl, Shell, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Python etc
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience administering Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c is a plus
- Supporting databases in a AIX/Linux environment is a plus
- Experience using Oracle Enterprise Manager is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL server monitoring tools like Idera SQLDM a plus
- Managing large databases in the Cloud is a plus
- Postgres/MySQL experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Remedy preferred but not required
- Must be able to travel up to 10% as required
BS C.S., BS M.I.S. or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Aug 10, 2017