We are seeking a Managing Consultant to fill a senior leadership role in our Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS) Practice within Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC). The role may be located in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver. This consulting position will be responsible for managing more complex client engagements, as well as growing the practice group in Canada while collaborating with a larger global team. It will require effective delivery or proposal of valued services for clients and prospects. Engagements might generally entail insurance loss measurement and claims preparation services, as well as expert forensic accounting assistance for financial investigations to quantify damages resulting from catastrophic events, litigation or disputes.
- Sought out by clients and other team members as a specialized resource on integrated products and services.
- Directs and/or reviews analysis of client needs, develops project outlines and recommends suitable approaches or options to consider.
- Uses advanced facilitative and diagnostic skills to assist clients in the articulation of complex problems.
- Preparation of financial analysis, financial modeling, and investigative procedures in connection with various damage quantification and forensic investigation matters including business interruption, large property damage, and fidelity claims
- Prepare working paper files with documentation of evidence obtained and procedures performed
- Preparation of high quality reports for delivery to clients detailing procedures undertaken, findings, limitations and recommendations
- Preparation and delivery of internal and external presentations related to FACS practice areas and service offering
- Actively uncovers concerns or issues that may be unclear to the client.
- Review, approve and monitor the project requirements and appropriate work plans.
- Directs the matching of products and services to client’s key needs.
- Assures the best practices or enhances the development or use of systems to organize and track information.
- Enhances the creativity and effectiveness of materials that reflect an understanding of the most complex client, project and technical issues.
- Arrange for and lead client implementation teams, suggest key performance indicators, and reviews results.
- Performs peer and senior reviews, confirms client expectations, and monitors client satisfaction of deliverables and services.
- Coordinate with clients to obtain the necessary information to perform the agreed upon services
- Conduct industry and statistical data research Respect and maintain client confidentiality
- Assures that project budget and changes are developed and managed profitably.
- Assures the project pricing and resources are appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and securing of complex client service agreements.
- Complies with company policy and procedures for timekeeping, expense reporting and billing.
- Promote, facilitate or enhance the continuous risk improvement methodology.
- Enhances the development and application of objective criteria for measuring important processes.
- Direct the development of new approaches of applying processes and technologies.
- Develops and effectively delivers highly visible, complex written and oral communications, such as proposals, technical concepts, deliverables, and industry view points.
- Assures the effective use of templates and other written materials.
- Influential in establishing appropriate internal and external business goals and overall strategies needed to attain these goals.
- Assures best practices and resources in a specialty area with identified business need.
- Complies with and can be influential in developing professional standards and best practices.
- Form observations and recommendations from balance sheets, 10-k’s and other financial tools.
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Coordinates business development activities (e.g. seminars, mailings, etc.).
- Directs, reviews, or applies research (e.g. reviews annual report, financial data, benchmarking, etc) for business development purposes.
- Utilize and develop spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
- Performs, directs and/or reviews advanced research and analysis.
- Identify complex problems and apply solutions.
- Advanced Organization and Resource (People, projects, time) Management.
- Superior oral communication skills with large and small audiences. Superior written communication skills.
- Develop and enhance client relationships. Develops and closes complex business opportunities.
- Proficient in company sanctioned software and systems, as well as relevant use of Internet.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Effectively manages and leads staff.
- Advanced MS Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or Access database skills
- Can effectively lead/participate in information gathering sessions and identify documentation required to support complex financial loss quantification and forensic investigation
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to support demanding deadlines
- A high level of personal integrity and energy, a commitment to teamwork
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CPA)
- Interest in obtaining a specialty forensic accounting designation
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Travel required (domestic and international travel possible).
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claire Conneely at (781) 375-6524 or via email: Claire.Conneely@mmc.com
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Canada-Quebec-Montreal, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-AB-Calgary
are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.