The Sr. Supply Chain Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control various Supply Chain operations and processes. Responsible for analyzing performance, identifying insights, and developing recommendations that support management and maximize operational efficiency.
Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to support and lead multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain and Insights & Analytics organizations, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Each item should account for 10% or more)
- Drive supply chain cost improvement and performance through analytical methods, tactical reporting, and process improvement initiatives. Provide innovative and impactful insights and recommendations to stakeholders and upper management.
- Establish in-depth subject matter expertise regarding process and procedures on supply chain opportunities and work flow as it relates to warehouse productivity, slot utilization /optimization, warehouse capacity analysis, logistics, and/or replenishment.
- Develops business tools and solutions that identify process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking and analysis.
- Develops dashboards and other innovative reporting tools in a user friendly format, capable of presenting summarized data with drill down capabilities utilizing BI Tools such as MS Excel and Tableau.
- Manage key relationships with stakeholders: absorbing and understanding internal customer needs and business environment; interaction with carriers, vendors, 3rd party providers, and various internal support teams.
- Primary relationship holder between operations and Insights and Analytics ensuring analytical and reporting needs are met.
- Provide analytics support through combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis.
- Conducts root cause analysis to understand cause of anomalies and identifies and implements solutions to overcome obstacles to data inaccuracy.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance Degree. Master's Degree Preferred.
5 years of progressive supply chain and/or warehouse experience with at least 3 years of analytics and/or BI experience.
Experience related to the following areas; warehouse, supply chain, logistics, replenishment, process improvement, and data analysis.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Preferred experience and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology a plus
- Proficiency in SQL and MS Access a plus
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable operating with minimal supervision and ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to translate complex data into a simple to understand format
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence cross-functionally with both a keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills