Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit www.pall.com/green.
Ensure that all Industrial Vessel products are developed and released using the New Production Processes ensuring all products meet their targets for cost, quality and delivery.
- Primary Role is Design Engineer for Pressure Vessels & Skid Systems - Nuclear & Oil/Gas Applications.
- Secondary Role is Project Engineer for Pressure Vessels & Skid Systems Nuclear & Oil/Gas Applications to ensure deadlines are met including status reporting to Engineering and Operations management at all levels
- Design Support for Standard Product and Nuclear Applications.
- Support all Nuclear Projects and oversea the work done by the Project Team.
- Support projects across all disciplines creating and maintaining a cohesive team environment to ensure deadlines are met including status reporting to Engineering and Operations management at all levels.
- To work as part of a cross functional team designing and detailing products ensuring safety and functionality are met in accordance with the customer’s requirements and current legislation.
- To design innovative product that encompasses the principles of design for manufacture and manual assembly as well mistake proofing whilst being commercially suitable in all respects ie: cost and inventory
- To support, implement and sustain a culture of continuous improvement within their working practices and procedures as well promoting continuous improvement throughout the group thereby achieving and maintaining the Process Engineering goals and objectives.
- The management of project and product data to ensure that effective traceability is maintained through the product life cycle.
- Design of filtration / separation products and ancillary equipment ensuring safety and functionality, in accordance with customer requirements and current legislation which incorporate new technologies, materials and processes wherever possible.
- Design of filtration / separation products and ancillary equipment ensuring optimum performance in terms of materials, components, and assemblies with serviceability, longevity, economy and cost of ownership in mind.
- Preparation of Functional analysis and DFMEA for all new products.
- Preparation of accurate costing estimates for design proposals based the most cost effective manufacturing route.
- Management of projects, ensuring the maintenance of Engineering deadlines and budgets.
- Checking prior to approval of Engineering documentation.
- Generation of production test specifications, ensuring safe working practices are adopted.
- Preparation of full, clear, and concise specifications for process system function, for later use in electrical design.
- Communication with Sales, Marketing, Production, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Perform duties to an agreed programme, manage priorities by liaison with Engineering Manager.
- Working processes to be in accordance with the Pall Europe and Aeropower Engineering Quality Manual.
- Required to work unsociable hours when departmental objectives dictate.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Must have sound working knowledge of the principles of project management including resource planning and be able to demonstrate their effective use within a multi functional team environment.
- Must have sound knowledge of current European Directives such as machinery safety, pressure vessel directives LVD, EMC and ATEX legislation etc
- Must have knowledge of pressure vessel design codes such as ASME, PED, or RCCM along with knowledge of vessel fabrication including inspection of vessels, piping and construction and generally accepted standards for process related equipment including nuclear.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical engineering as applied to fluid power systems which would include a knowledge of the design of pressure vessels, process systems, machined parts, and seal mechanisms. This must also include knowledge of stress analysis of pressurised shells, along with an appreciation of thermofluid dynamics.
- A sound knowledge of the current major manufacturing processes including welding, machining, forming, casting, and assembly techniques as well as an appreciation of its future development.
- MEng, BEng, BSc, HND or HNC in Mechanical Engineering. A HNC should be coupled with a broad practical experience.
Essential Previous Experience:
- Experience of the design of structures, machined parts, welded structures, seal mechanisms and pressure vessel design including international pressure vessel codes ASME VIII, PD5500, EN13445 & RCCM.
- Experience of current safety legislation and risk assessment / management.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 environment.
- Experience of the use of a 2D / 3D CAD system (preferably Solidedge) in preparation of drawings in accordance with BS308 / 8888 is essential.
- Experience in FEA or CFD.
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to communicate effectively at all levels with customers and within the Corporation
- Must be willing to travel both within the UK and abroad therefore a current driving licence is essential.
- The job entails the use of PC-based applications for software development, drawings, and day-to-day office activities; therefore, good PC skills are essential and creative use of PC is expected.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Hampshire-Portsmouth