Chase is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country. Chase serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. Chase.com is the most visited banking portal in United States, and Chase Mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission at Chase is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. Chase has more than 160,000 employees across the world to help achieve this goal.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
Some of the key priorities for digital overall are to:
Delivering a digital experience to our customers that is considered simple, human, and cohesive and enhances the perception of the Chase brand
Increasing our account originations
Decreasing the cost to serve our customers by providing additional automation and services completed through digital self service
Becoming the trusted and leading provider of digital payments
Strengthen our digital controls and reduce risk
Digital Analytics Associate – Voice of the Customer
The VOC team is one of three Core Analytics teams in Digital Analytics, supporting analytic requests across digital product areas and lines of business for both discretionary and non discretionary work. Data analysts on the Voice of the Customer team analyze the written comments and scores Chase customer’s provide in surveys, feedback forms, and public forums such as the Apple AppStore and GooglePlay in order to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience. We are seeking naturally curious candidates that excel in a fast paced environment with an eye for detail and insight.
Query and process voice of the customer data, cluster by theme and identify new key themes using Clarabridge (text mining application)
Develop and execute comment cluster models using inclusion and exclusion rules to define parent / child comment categories
Leverage basic and advanced text analytic frameworks to categorize and quantify unstructured data to answer critical business questions
Work with product and VoC leads to create and refine keyword identifiers for comment classification
Ensure comment categorization and sentiment tuning are up-to-date and reflect current customer comment set and fall within proper recall and precision tolerances.
Construct and deliver insightful presentations focused on how to improve the customers’ Digital experience
Develop insightful presentations on finding to provide to our business stakeholders in product, design, and lines of business
Manage and update current VoC reporting for executive management and lines of business
Manage processes for productionalizing dashboards (structure data in source systems, export, and manage daily/weekly/monthly loads as necessary)
Proactively identify customer friction points and work with other analysts in the behavioral and transactional space to quantify issues and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience Economics, Marketing, Market Research, Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related discipline. Master’s degree an added plus, but not necessary.
- 1- 3 years’ experience with Sql or relational database work; Hadoop Hive an added plus. Must be able to demonstrate this knowledge in interview.
- 1- 3 years’ experience with statistical tools: Python, R or SAS, Experience with Tableau or equivalent visualization tools.
- Experience working with behavioral analytic tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics.
- Ability to work with and leverage unstructured and structured data.
- Proficient use of MS Office and related products. The ability to create stories using data and present strategic concepts in Powerpoint to executives is critical to this role.
- Experience working across multiple disciplines and lines of business with varying understanding and appetite for customer analytics.
- Excellent critical thinking and written / verbal communication and presentation skills, Experience in financial industry is preferred.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaging, high-pressure, customer focused environment.