Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages a large team of exempt individual contributors and/or Manager Is for a business/function or region by setting and monitoring performance goals and objectives, allocating resources and staff for programs and projects, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of audit reviews and programs.
- Leads large audit teams in defining program parameters; provides guidance on audit reviews of the highest level of complexity.
- Motivates, coaches, and fosters innovation within teams, including Manager Is.
- Drives risk assessments, defines project scope, prioritizes initiatives and determines resource needs.
- Interprets significance of audit findings, resolves highly complex issues.
- Leads the development and implementation of recommendations and strategic decisions; identifies consequences of decisions on a regional or global level and develops appropriate solutions and areas for program improvement.
- Sets or influences audit strategies; leads strategic projects and corporate initiatives at the regional or global level.
- Develops, communicates and maintains strong working relationships with the most senior-level business partners and advises regional management in the successful implementation of audit recommendations, while effectively overseeing the entire audit process.
- Collaborates and negotiates with senior business leaders to resolve highly complex audit issues; represents HP to internal and external stakeholders, such as management and external auditors on all audit matters.
- Serves as an expert on audit standards and GAAP related issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of related experience in internal audit and/or finance.
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Content master in the field of internal audit with a complete systematic knowledge of audit standards and accounting principles.
- Exceptional financial and business acumen; in-depth business and industry knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to internal audit, including emerging legislation.
- Meets the licensing or certification requirements of the relevant country or region (e.g., CPA or its equivalent).
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, including goal-setting, conflict resolution, performance management, meeting leading, budget planning, problem solving, and evaluation.
- Excellent project management and process development skills.
- Excellent communication, influence, and presentation skills, including both written and verbal forms catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including competency in financial analysis.
- Ability to apply management core competencies in working with both internal clients and external partnerships.
- Ability to understand customer needs and interpret needs into workable programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while staying within the scope of the overall strategy.