SlideBelts Inc. is an innovative apparel company. Our current products are high-quality leather belts that have no holes. We built SlideBelts with one simple belief: empowering people through innovation in simple, stylish, wearable technology. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional products direct to our customers online.
Our custom e-commerce platforms power the entire business, from the HTML on our homepage to our supply chain. As our brand grows we're building a team of super talented engineers who can own, architect and expand key pieces of our current system, ranging from pick and pack systems to distribution optimization to global expansion. We're looking for someone genuinely excited about redefining the brand relationship experience for millions of people over time and building the SlideBelts platform of tomorrow.
Our engineers are building unique experiences for each and every one of our customers, they are the lifeblood of those experiences and we have big plans for the future. We want people to join the team who are willing to continue to pushing forward and beyond expectations, and they should be up for laughing. A lot.
Roles and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Own large and complex technical projects that touch all systems
- Work closely with the team to build features that consolidate all the data generated so that it can be used for services, analysis, and reporting
- Work closely with the team to build out features in our in-house email marketing platform
- Participate in agile project management to understand needs from the team, and prioritize those based on greater business goals
- Communicate engineering goals to the greater team, bring new ideas for future features that will make the customer experience awesome
Background & Experience:
- Comfortable working with Unix command line tools; programming against SQL and NoSQL style database
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Ability to prioritize coding tasks and ship code quickly and regularly
- You've been responsible for back-end features and have had exposure to database scaling and design challenges
- Experience working on data and back-end components that transport, store, process, and retrieve data: unstructured or structured, big or small
- Experience in E-Commerce is a plus
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- Willingness to learn on the job and an excitement to learn new languages/techniques
- Excited to work with every part of the business to help build systems and features that surprise and
- delight our customers
- Comfortable shipping code on a daily basis
- Superb communication skills and patience with others
- Excited about tackling thorny engineering and passionate about good application architecture
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor