Mining Engineer Intern (Soda Springs, ID)-01JWL
In Soda Springs, we produce elemental phosphorous, a key component to ensuring farmers are more productive--something that's becoming increasingly important in our growing world. We are currently offering a Mining Engineering summer internship from May through August of 2018 at this location.
Tasks will focus on mining operations and projects relating to mine support systems. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Mine Manager and will assist engineering and operations staff in mine planning, daily operational support, and future mining project design.
Monsanto provides uniforms, steel toe boots, hardhat, and safety glasses. Transportation from the plant site (2 miles north of Soda Springs) to the Black Foot Bridge mine is provided. The Intern will have to provide his/her own living arrangements. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) training is provided for new surface miners (24-hours or 8-hour refresher if you have current MSHA).
- Junior standing or above working toward a Mining Engineering degree or related field
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be returning to school in the fall after the internship term is completed
- Experience and/or interest in an industrial environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High degree of personal initiative
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and a diverse culture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Gemcom (mining software)
Job Chemical Manufacturing
Primary LocationNorth America-USA-Idaho-Soda Springs
Organization US SC CP Soda Springs Plant_51012071