BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, and we are seeking an enterprising individual to join the Platform Services team as a Database Architect. If you are eager to learn, want to accomplish challenging goals, and thrive in a work-hard/play-hard environment then this is the position for you!
- Primary responsibility for soundness of database design against standards for development, high availability, security, and performance
- Ownership of setting up frameworks to codify best practices
- Train and educate team members on performance best practices for technologies listed above
- Understand the User Story and the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure solution uses best practices, frameworks, and meets performance and security standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Software, Systems, and even Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degrees welcome)
- Intelligent, energetic, and hardworking individual
- 5 years of experience with Java programming (bonus points if experience is specifically focused on the persistence layer)
- 3 years of experience with automating server setup with Chef on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- 3 years of DBA experience
- 2 years of experience with MySQL(i.e. Master/Secondary clusters, backup/restore, disaster recovery, high qps, etc.)
- At least 1 year of Kafka experience - high availability, upstream checkpointing via compaction
- ElasticSearch experience - Multi-cluster, multi-terabyte indices
- Container orchestration tools (i.e. Mesos/Kubernetes/Nomad, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Chef/Salt/Ansible, etc.
- Hadoop Setup and Maintenance
- Experience with Spark/Flink/Storm
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.