DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
The Business planning and Analysis team manages business planning, financial forecasting and analysis, corporate development (mergers and acquisitions), and fundraising. This role will require cross-functional coordination across several groups, including marketing, product, engineering, analytics, and business intelligence. You will be responsible for marketing planning and analysis – blending data driven insights and sound judgment to help challenge and solve marketing problems. You will need to understand the complexity and lead actionable strategy without losing sight of the big picture. The position is full-time and located in Boston, MA.
- Act as the thought partner to marketers across strategic and operational challengesCreate value-add analysis around growth opportunities, marketing campaigns, media optimization, and core business metrics and drive better decisioning and resultsFacilitate marketing planning and the allocation of the marketing budget, and manage in-quarter optimization and adjustments
- Monitor acquisition and customer lifetime value; analyze key predictors, identify trends and present actionable insights to the Marketing team
- Develop insights to support our continued expansion in North America and globally
- Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
- A successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership and demonstrated success as a strategist, analyst, and/or data driven marketer.
- 7-10 years of experience in highly analytical environments - top management consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy. Of the 7-10 years of professional experience, at least 3-5 years of media and/or entertainment specific experience in highly analytical roles
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams and influencing peer organizations
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross cultural and cross functional partnersHistory of self starting and defining what success means in different professional environments and achieving that success
- Excel Master, SQL Skills
- Top-tier MBA (or equivalent) a plus