Task and Responsibilities:
- Develop short and long term clinical strategies with APJ Clinical DSM and India Country Manager to position Illumina as a leading clinical company in the Indian market.
- Understand the competitive dynamics within accounts and lead the development and implementation of strategies and tactics that best position Illumina technology and products to neutralize competitor growth.
- Work with the Sales Channel partner to plan and organize activities to ensure efficient and effective sales support, field service, and technical and applications support are provided.
- Develop high-value, long-term profitable customer accounts through relationship building sales techniques.
- Build relationships at all levels of the customer organization. Facilitate communication and relationship building between Illumina and client executives.
- Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities and assist with general customer demonstrations, training and support.
- Negotiate all sales opportunities within company established parameters within the assigned accounts and facilitate the generation of associated sales contracts and quotations.
- Maintain desirable pricing levels through effective sales negotiation.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Illumina’s CRM database. Utilize same to effectively monitor and direct customer purchasing activities.
- Leverage CRM system to grow sales from existing customer base.
- Manage the sales process including pricing management, project pipeline visibility, product and revenue forecasting, order transactions, and ship schedules through the CRM.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Create a business plan for each assigned account in conjunction with the Sales Channel Partner that satisfies goals as established by sales management.
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads and opportunities.
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by Sales management and the Training department.
- Lead the account team to plan and organize activities to ensure efficient and effective sales support, field service, and technical and applications support are provided.
- Participate in the introduction of new technology platforms and products to key accounts. Facilitate and enable flow of information to and from customer during pre-commercial phases.
- Provide Illumina management with regular feedback on account status and key initiatives.
- Provide strategic account management best practice visibility and leadership internally as appropriate.
- MS degree in Clinical or Biomedical Sciences desirable. MBBS/MD/PhD a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Life Science sales or a related area.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a key account management role selling into clinical accounts
- Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics esp. in oncology and reproductive genetics is required.
- Regulatory experience highly desirable.
- Experience with launching new products into the clinical market is ideal.
- Strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics is required.
- Well-developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels of the customer organization.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills including high value capital equipment
- Detail- and service-oriented individual.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.