Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate new installations through channel partners, including facility inspections, assay validation and customers training
- Provide comprehensive technical training and support to customers or channel partners
- Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting for partners and customers issues related to user’s technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
- Manage and collaborate with partners in projects that include demonstrations, feasibilities studies, and new product evaluation
- Help to maintain and increase product usage, and supporting sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical and scientific presentation
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and channel partners
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database
- Acting as a key contributor of customer feedback to marketing and product development teams.
- Build effective relationships with new and existing clients for field application purpose, monitor the customers feedback on product usage and maintenance
- Develop and improve key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- PhD in Science, Genetics, Molecular Biology. Forensic Science or Bioinformatics required, OR M.S. plus minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- At least 2 years of experiences in diagnostics environment
- Prior field experience supporting customers using sequencing or array technologies preferred
- Demonstrated experience with next generation or high throughput sequencing sample prep technologies and protocols preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly-used sequencing data analysis software applications preferred
- Demonstrated bioinformatics expertise and experience with handling and analyzing next generation sequencing or array data is a huge plus
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cooperative team environment
- Strong people skills, cross-organizational teamwork
- Past experiences working with channel partners is a plus
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.