UI Development Lead - NMS
As UI Lead, you have the chance to build a large scale web based platforms by leveraging the latest and greatest advancements in visualization techniques. Our ideal candidate is well-versed in both back-end and front-end web application development. We are looking for someone with a passion for learning new technologies and applying them to build cutting-edge products that will have a positive impact.
8+ years of experience in general programming and web application development.
Familiarity with one or more frameworks like: Angular JS, Ember JS, BackBone.JS, Bootstrap.
Ability to evaluate system designs through analysis, prototyping and simulation.
Ability to build on existing designs and protocols, adding functional and performance enhancements
Agile/Scrum development experience is required.
Develop custom features based on specifications and technical designs
Develop and deploy server side solutions in a Linux environment.
Develop and deploy solutions based on XML technologies such as XPath, XSL, XSLT, SOAP and XML-RPC.
Design and develop scalable multi-threaded applications.
Strong debugging skills.
- Experience with networking or communications would be helpful.
- Experience with mid-tier, back and server side development is desirable
- Experience working with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
ViaSat specializes in engineering creative ways to connect consumers, enterprises, and governments to communication applications that improve productivity, quality of life – and even safety – when terrestrial networks are not practical, cost effective, or able to provide a high-quality service. Because of the big leaps we make in performance, speed, bandwidth economics, and security, the Company has won numerous awards for its innovation leadership.
We have assembled one of the broadest portfolios of technologies in the industry, providing our technical staff with the ability to innovate at every possible point of the systems they create. Opportunities include wireless networking, cloud systems, software, hardware, and cybersecurity. We are seeking to add to our knowledge base by hiring only the best and the brightest.
ViaSat Global Facts:
- ViaSat was founded by three engineers, Mark Dankberg, Mark Miller, and Steve Hart. Dankberg is the Chairman and CEO, and Miller and Hart are Chief Technology Officers.
- ViaSat was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in California
- ViaSat began trading as a public company on the NASDAQ Stock Market in December 1996 under the symbol VSAT
- ViaSat launched the first High Capacity Satellite – ViaSat-1 in Oct 2011 providing as much bandwidth as all satellites over North America. This is one of the most important achievements in the industry & game changer in the market. ViaSat is planning to launch ViaSat–2 with 2.5X the speed/ 7X’s the footprint expanding across Atlantic into EU.
- Over 4,000 employees worldwide
- FY17 Revenue $1.56Bn
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.