Overview of Company and Opportunity:
HelloFresh is one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing startups in North America. We are the leading meal kit delivery service globally, and are the largest company to come out of Europe over the past 4 years (market cap). Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only 4 years after inception we are active in 9 markets on 3 continents, and have recently launched in Canada! Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive.
Learn more about us at HelloFresh.ca.
In a nutshell:
This leader will be hands-on in a start-up operation. This person will be someone who likes change and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all of HelloFresh’s safety and quality standards are met, as well as ensuring the employees are following the proper policies and procedures of the production shift.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Operations Manager in building the weekly production plan.
- Ensure plans for the production shift are executed and that all line leads are supporting the execution and communicating any issues.
- Escalate any issues to the Operations Manager
- Assure maximum quality, productivity, and accuracy of shipment to customers. Emphasis in developing labor cost reduction system as well as maximizing efficiency; in other words a focus on low man hour and pick/pack errors.
- Assist staff in any situations that arise requiring additional assistance or approval.
- Along with the rest of the Operations team, build and implement production cost techniques that can be applied in production tasks and assembly.
- Monitor record keeping track production plan, start-times, dismissal times and additional daily activities.
- Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Procedures and housekeeping in the production facility, to ensure a safe work environment.
- Establish and work within budget as permitted by Operations Manager.
- Use designated technology to assure quality/accuracy of shipped product as well as efficient customer service. Ensure all lines record/scan and monitor all different boxes based on combination and shipping carriers.
Who you are:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or related management work experience
- 1+ years of experience managing production in a fulfillment/distribution center; preferably within Food & Beverage industry
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to the production lines
- Performance Management: responsible for employee experience throughout the employee life cycle (hiring, training, developing, promoting, etc.)
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production
- Technical Capacity: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Results Driven
- Self-Motivated: take initiative to make improvements
- Strict Supervision: Hold team members accountable for meeting goals and objectives
- Supervision of all production activities happening in our DC on your shift.