Vungle is the leading performance marketing platform for in-app video ads. Advertisers depend on Vungle's creative and LTV optimization technologies to reach and acquire high-value users worldwide. Top publishers rely on Vungle to generate revenue with engaging video ads that enhance the user experience.
Engineering at Vungle:
Our goal is to deliver the best Ad experience to our users. Because of this, even tiny improvements to our Ad recommendation models have a tremendous positive impact. Therefore, we tend to push Machine Learning to its limit as few tech companies do. If you’re a hardcore Software Engineer with a love for Machine Learning and the following looks like fun to you, we’d love to chat:
- A large scale Machine Learning infrastructure responsible for delivering 10s of thousands of Ad recommendations every second with a maximum latency of 30ms.
- Halving computational time of already microsecond-range algorithms by employing some obscure optimization.
- Experimenting with sophisticated Contextual Bandit Machine Learning algorithms to recommend the best possible Ad at any given time.
- Testing new algorithm ideas with TensorFlow/Torch/Theano or the like.
- Debating some fancy Machine Learning algorithm over lunch or if Deep Learning is a hype or not.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 2+ years of industry experience and/or a MS + 1 years of industry experience
- Strong programmer with a background in Java, C++, Scala or equivalent capable of writing high performance production quality code.
- Experience building and productionizing end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- You can learn complex things in a short amount of time and you like it.
- Ideally has experience with things like Spark and Hadoop.
- Ideally has some exposure to a research environment.
- Comfortable with common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical Machine Learning topics such as overfitting.
- Build and maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines specially designed for supporting problems in Data Mining and Machine Learning domains.
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists to scale predictive models to production-level loads exceeding 100MM daily transactions.
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages such as Python, Scala and Go
- Be technology agnostic and always pick the right tool for the job.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully promote opportunities to improve engineering quality and productivity.
- Conduct thorough design and code reviews.
Vungle is trusted by 40,000+ mobile apps worldwide with key developer and advertiser partners such as Supercell, King, Zynga, EA, Ubisoft, Smule, MZ, Google, Honda, Allstate, Procter and Gamble, L'oreal, Coca-Cola and Nissan. Vungle serves 2 billion video views per month on 500+ million unique devices, and is consistently ranked #1 for cross-platform user retention by industry mobile performance indexes. Vungle is backed by Google Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Crosslink Capital and SoftTech VC. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Seoul.
- Expenses paid for gym, transportation, and lunch
- Vungle Exchange Program - work in one of our global offices all expenses paid for 1 week
- Matching 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Awesome Health, Vision, and Dental plans
- Bring your dog(s) to work