What you’ll be doing...
This position will be part of the Corporate Information Security Team focused improving Verizon’s overall risk posture thru meaningful enhancement to business owners’ awareness, processes, and tools. Specifically, the team supports the overall CIS team as well drives the Information Security Officer Program and related security initiatives. This position will review, interpret, and provide guidance related to security frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO, PCI, etc.) and identify information security risks associated with business initiatives impacting Verizon networks, information assets and business operations. Provide security consultation, direction and guidance to business partners that meet security policy requirements, standards, best practices and reduced risk. Work with Security leadership and key stakeholders to gain risk acceptance on security risk matters when needed. Work with application, technical and business teams to inform and educate on security policies, risks and threats.
Job Duty/ Responsibility
- As part of the Information Security Officer team, function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on security frameworks and requirements, utilizing this knowledge to advise business units, support policy development, and conduct risk analysis.
- Review new federal and state cybersecurity regulations, providing feedback to Business Operations team and Legal. Based upon analysis, develop recommendations on security controls to address gaps
- Evaluate business unit implementation of key security frameworks and provide recommendations to address alignment.
- Perform detailed risk assessments and provide recommendations to the business.
- Provide guidance, interpretation and education on specific security policies (primarily CPI-810) across requesting organizations related to their projects and applications.
- Determine if security risk factors exist and help stakeholders understand the risk factors and design compensating controls that meet Corporate Information Security Standards.
- Identify initiatives with risk areas that need specialized security expertise.
- Collaborate with the core business partners and other security teams to improve controls via creative process design which meet the evolving business needs for customer experience and efficiency.
- Collaborate and build relationships with key business partners for continued security education and awareness.
- Provide guidance for new technologies and methodologies as business needs evolve.
- Assist in cyber events and investigations, including but not limited to, data discovery & analysis and customer notification, as needed.
- Assist in budget governance processes for the CIS project portfolio, including vendor statement of work and project portfolio oversight.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical related experience and business operations experience.
- Experience in an Information Security, Software Development, Technical Support, or Analytics.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Finance or related field.
- Certifications: GSEC, CISA/CISM or CISSP, or willingness to obtain within 9 months.
- Proven ability to develop working knowledge of new technologies and methodologies to meet evolving environments and business needs.
- Experience driving process controls thru creative solutions.
- Experience providing meaningful insights thru analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber security risk management concepts, cybersecurity frameworks, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
- A base knowledge of databases, data mining and operating systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills or PMP certification
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Legal department attorneys and other supporting business groups.
- Experience effectively utilizing advance analytic tools, such as SQL and Tableau
- Experience supporting cyber incident and investigations or related work types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of Verizon business operations and baseline knowledge of core business applications and foundational technologies across the IT network.
- Familiarity with Governance practices and processes, and solid business acumen.
- Experience preparing and providing executive level statuses and presentations using MS PowerPoint, Visio and Excel. Prior experience producing reference documentation for technical or business reference.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.