Cigna is a multinational company and a leading global health services provider, dedicated to helping people improve their health, wellbeing and sense of security. We are going through an exciting period of expansion and seek to recruit into our Global Employer Segment which currently employs 8,000 people and has over 30 million customer relationships in more than 200 countries and jurisdictions.
The Data Services team is at the centre of the Global Health Benefits delivery group and is responsible for Cigna’s European data warehouse as well as numerous other key database systems. A number of exciting initiatives are planned for the team in the near future including the building of a global data warehouse and involvement in a European data lake built using Hadoop. We also work closely with delivery teams in the US and Europe and are looking to create a centre of excellence for data.
As a member of this team you will help to develop and maintain our existing systems and will also play a part in determining how our data driven solutions are designed and coded. You will be encouraged to put forward your own ideas and expertise and to keep your skills fresh through training and learning.
The position reports to the Data Services Manager and sits within a small, friendly team of 6. You will have the opportunity to engage with multiple teams across a number of different technological disciplines and geographical locations.
- Monitor and maintain core ETL processes (T-SQL/SSIS). (All of our developers help out with third line support on a rough 20/80% split - 20% support, 80% development.)
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for other MS SQL Server related issues including assisting web developers.
- Work closely with senior database developers to document requirements, design technical solutions and attend project workshops and meetings.
- Develop changes in T-SQL and SSIS for both “business as usual” and project work streams.
- Model and document SQL data mapping solutions, working with business and other technical teams to decide on the best solution.
- Assist with regular releases to live systems and monitor monthly data processing batches.
- Proactively suggest improvements to code, tools and ways of working.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in developing and supporting SQL Server solutions in a production environment using SQL 2012 or above.
- Expertise in T-SQL, including writing complex stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Experience of developing ETL routines utilising SSIS.
- Have knowledge and experience of OLAP and OLTP environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a flair for reverse engineering complex code.
- Excellent time-management and the ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Microsoft SQL Server Certified.
- C#, VB.net or any other programming language
- Git or other source control expertise
- Experience of continuous integration/delivery
- Any experience of designing or supporting big data solutions using Hadoop, Cloudera, Looker
- A real self-starter, happy to see a project or issue through to the end.
- Passionate about technology and applying it to business solutions.
- Enthusiastic and possessing a “can do” attitude.
- Have a track record of getting things done whilst adhering to a governance framework.
- Comfortable dealing with conflict.
- A passion for SQL Server and all things data related.
- A team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Group Pluralsight subscription.
- Modern city center offices in very central location.
- Dress down policy.
United Kingdom-Glasgow City-Glasgow
The Grosvenor Bldg 72 Gordon
The Grosvenor Building 72 Gordon Street
IT--Infrastr Ops And Supp
Aug 3, 2017, 11:17:41 AM