- Job Number: 31839528
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Jan. 25, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. Apple is looking for a world-class analog design leader to work with cross-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of devices.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience leading analog and mixed-signal silicon for complex system designs:
- •Solid understanding of analog & digital design fundamentals, design tools and methodologies.
- •Demonstrated industry-leading design expertise required. The candidate must have experience taking projects from the concept phase, through chip architecture, writing electrical specifications, process technology selection, die size estimation, managing schedules, IC design, layout supervision, layout extraction and verification, DRCs, LVS, LVL, mask and wafer fabrication monitoring, ATE lab correlation, corner lot characterization analysis, hands-on lab evaluation, release to production, yield improvement, and failure analysis support.
- •System applications include multi-phase buck and boost converters, LDOs, battery chargers, LED backlight controllers, temperature sensors, video and audio encode/decode, DACs and ADCs, digital audio amplifiers.
- •Design knowledge of board level considerations, including component selection, PCB layout, packaging technologies and thermal analysis.
- •Design knowledge of IC process technologies, reliability design rules, ESD and latch-up testing.
- •Knowledge about industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies. Work experience with high volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
- •Design management experience preferred.
As a part of the team responsible for the delivery of high-quality, on-time silicon, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of silicon design:
•Working with the Systems and Platform teams to establish silicon requirements.
•Leading efforts to develop, integrate, characterize, and test devices including power regulators, video converters, chargers, backlight drivers, boost, audio, sensors, video converters, buffer/level shifters and the associated control circuits.
•Delivering first revision functional silicon and production worthy silicon per system requirements, on schedule.
•Working with vendors to ensure state-of-the-art design practices, methodologies and processes are in place and producing quality results.
•Working collaboratively with vendors to manage the development of new process technologies and next-generation architectures and circuit designs.
•Ensuring designs are properly verified, validated, and tested for long-term reliability.
•Managing schedules and supporting cross-functional engineering efforts.
BSEE / MSEE is required
Some travel required.