We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to help architect complex C++ software on our Planning Team.
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C/C++
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for maneuver or route planning applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code in C/C++, Java, Go, Python, or similar language
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C/C++ code
- Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar tools team for scripts or tools
- Extensive experience with State Machines
- Strong spatial reasoning skills
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with ROS
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.