At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Building on Trane’s 90-year legacy of the Graduate Training Program, the Controls Graduate Training Program (CGTP) is designed to prepare Engineers for a rewarding career in Technical Sales for our expanding Energy Services business. The program is specifically geared toward developing Controls Account Managers to sell Trane's Building Advantage portfolio of services and Building Automation Systems (Controls) to commercial and industrial customers. Upon completion of the Controls Graduate Training Program, employees assume responsibilities of a Controls Account Manager in a pre-assigned location.
Held in St. Paul, MN, the CGTP provides intensive technical, business, sales and leadership training, with an emphasis on maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards. Participants will attend lectures and technical presentations; complete challenging homework assignments; partake in individual and team projects; visit local sales offices and plants; learn about real world projects from Trane sales engineers, managers and customers.
Key Elements of the Controls Graduate Training Program include:
- Ingersoll Rand and Trane’s history and values
- Technical focus: HVAC and Controls Fundamentals
- HVAC Systems and comprehensive solutions
- Controls and Energy Services offerings
- Environmental and Energy factors associated with developing HVAC and Building Automation Systems recommendations to meet customer specifications
- Networking opportunities with Trane’s senior sales engineers and leadership
- Sales and leadership development through teamwork and project management
CGTP is a 5 month training program consisting of 14 weeks at the Trane St. Paul Controls Headquarters and 4 weeks of “bridge” time back in the District Sales Office.
Bridgework in the office is an essential part of the CGTP curriculum designed to help students integrate classroom and experiential learning, and key to organizational development of the Controls Account Manager role. Assignments are a mix of on-line learning, interaction with office cohorts, and assignments given by CGTP instructors.
The opportunity to attend the Controls Graduate Training Program positions students to influence the business in a critical way to become educated change agents for our organization. This selective program provides a strong foundation to start your career in technical sales, or build on your existing experience to take your career in an exciting new direction.
- Convert leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required project team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process
- Utilizes account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Develops relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization, including project managers, project engineers, construction, purchasing, and accounts payable.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane products, and system application alternative, Building Automation Systems, installation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution.
- Determines needs, develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Gathers and validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough, construction plan review or other requirements.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Responsible for project take-off, selection, pricing, and integration of equipment, controls, and services.
- Qualified candidates will have obtained or are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, Information Technology Systems, or technology related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills with desire to impact organization revenue through sales
- Strong goal orientation, highly motivated, and possess a strong desire to sell industry leading products in the market place.
- Eligible for employment in the United States without sponsorship
- Possess a valid state issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance and meet our successful background check requirement.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
North America-United States-Massachusetts
North America-United States-New Hampshire, North America-United States-Rhode Island, North America-United States-Maine
Wilmington MA 181 Ballardvale
181 Ballardvale Street
Entry Job/Early Talent
Aug 3, 2017, 10:23:38 PM