JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Client Technology team focuses on delivering JP Morgan’s in-house Sales & Client workstation that empowers Sales to interact with clients in technically innovative way and empowers Clients to execute electronically with JPMorgan and integrate directly with JPMorgan industry leading analytics. We deliver technology solutions across all business lines, dealing with FX, Rates, Credit and Commodity business.
We’re looking for an Application developer to join a fast-paced, high-energy diversified team. You will be part of the Macro Client technology team, a dynamic group of 60+ technologists globally. You will be expected to understand JPMorgan Macro business’ Sales desk workflow and JPMorgan’s technology service delivered directly to clients ranging from execution to analytics suite. You will have the opportunity to provide innovative technical solutions to new business problems.
1. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
2. Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
3. Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
4. Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions
5. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all businesses across Technology and among technology team members.
6. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
7. Work effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues
8. Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
Preferred Work Experience
The successful candidate should possess technical skills in the following:
In addition, any of the following experience is considered highly desirable:
Financial experience or familiarity with financial products; such as Equities, Futures, FX, Credit, Commodities etc.
Agile / Scrum
Management and/or any other Leadership including mentoring
Accustomed to working with UX, QA, Business elements
Experience of working in a BDD environment
The ideal candidate would:
Be pro-active, pragmatic, independent and resourceful in nature, able to identify and own issues and seek their resolution
Be passionate about web technology with a keen interest in working on latest technology offerings
Be able to present evidence of self motivation and passion for web technology
Be familiar (or have developed opinions) on how to structure large scale applications/projects and the necessary processes, team structures and technical approaches
Have considered opinions on how to work within such a team – but possess an open mind to direction when given
Be community minded in their approach to work - and be active in consuming and providing information, teaching and help across all team units
Be a practitioner of Clean Code
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.