Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a
product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for
large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work
with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get
things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Experience in one or more programming languages: Java, C, Objective-C Experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python, Awk, Bash Understanding of large scale distributed system architectures
- Big data analytics experience: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, R
- Passion for root-causing performance bottlenecks
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled developer who is a creative
problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and
organizations, and has a passion for root-causing performance bottlenecks and
designing solutions. We thrive in automation, designing and implementing frameworks
and other infrastructure for data analysis, creating tools with elegant and effective user
Our engineers collaborate with many internal sub-teams, such as engineering, design,
QA, operations, and project management, and will be working in a heterogeneous
environment. We propose and implement architectural changes- or sometimes just a
one-line configuration tweak, thus deep technical capabilities, strong communication
skills and a knack to use hard data to triage issues is a must have requirement.
If you're interested, you probably are a generalist engineer, defying categorization.
Strong programming, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a
passion to make the best products possible is the key!
Education & Experience
- (Nice to have items)
- - Knowledge of core Linux fundamentals
- - Scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- - Experience with compute containerization (i.e. - Mesos, Docker, schedulers)
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Read Full Description