5973 Location: CA_Mountain View CA_Mountain View Position Type: Temporary Temporary Education Required: High School Diploma High School Diploma Experience Required: Not Indicated Not Indicated Relocation Provided: No Relocation Offered No Relocation Offered Job Category: Information Technology Information Technology
CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
This is an opportunity to work with the Data Science team for BXB Digital. The purpose of this role is to assist in developing tools and technologies that leverage data from a variety of sources to increase supply chain efficiencies and provide value to our customers. Applicants must be currently enrolled or a recent graduate with a BS/BA in data science, computer science, or a related discipline. Applicants are ideally seeking career opportunities in Data Science or Computer Vision.
Objective of this opportunity will be to leverage education and experience to contribute to a variety of data science and computer vision projects:
• Help implement existing object detection, segmentation, and recognition efforts
• Develop image manipulation frameworks for R&D computer vision projects
• Research, present, and test state of the art technologies in data science and computer vision
• Test new and optimize existing pipelines for data acquisition and cleaning
• Assist with scaling prototype data science and computer vision projects to production environments
• Support efforts to deploy imaging and other sensors in the field for data acquisition
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes and/or identify process barriers to improve overall efficiencies
• Ad hoc projects
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Experience and skills can be varied.
• Python is strongly preferred
• Jupyter notebooks for exploratory data analysis
• High-performance computing (CPU & GPU) in a Linux environment
• Image analysis (OpenCV, scikit-image, etc.)
• Deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe)
• Machine learning and data visualization (scikit-learn, matplotlib, etc.)
• Big data technologies (Spark)
• Cloud computing resources (AWS, Azure)
• Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills
• Highly motivated and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
What will be learned from this experience?
The intern will be viewed as a professional hire and will gain experience in a robust, global business environment. Mentorship will be provided in data science, computer vision, and technical decision-making in a corporate environment. Time will be allocated to answering questions, listening, and relationship building. There will be opportunities for the intern to demonstrate effective and professional communication, critical thinking in problem identification and analysis, and understanding of the impacts of technical decisions on the overall business.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.