HP EMEA Customer Support is responsible for all aspects of the customer support experience delivered to EMEA customers and support partners. The aim is to provide a high quality, differentiated support experience that is highly valued by our customers and contributes significantly to customer retention and overall business growth, whilst delivering to CS cost structure objectives.
The HP Customer Support EMEA, Category organization is tasked with ensuring that the support offering matches the regional competitive landscape, deployment of the support offering, growth of the services business and management of end-to-end support delivery performance.
As part of the HP Customer Support, Category organization, the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) teams provide on-site and remote expert level technical support to customers, repair partners (direct and indirect) and other delivery chain organizations.
The ATS teams are split into three distinct areas, Computing, Printing and DesignJet. The scope of the technical support provided in each area is split into hardware, firmware/BIOS and software/solutions, with each ATS Engineer focused on one or more of these aspects.
Job description :
The focus of the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) Engineer job is to engage with allocated country partners, being their key contact for technical support issues on both A4 and A3 printers. The scope of the engagement includes elevation management, knowledge management, training delivery and New Product Introduction for both Laserjet and Ink based printers.
You will develop a close relationship with your designated Partner(s), working with one (or more) of their designated senior engineers. This will involve assessing, prioritizing and delivering the required support directly or engaging appropriate additional resources to address those needs.
The role is split into two distinct areas:
1. Printing partner engagement :
Your account engagement role will include some or all of the following:
- Regular scheduled account visits to discuss partner needs, issues and progress
- Identification of training needs and delivery/management of training events – this for NPIs and current products
- Contribute to ensure the technical readiness of support partners who deliver support services for HP products – Channel, MPS, Direct Business. This will include reviewing feasibility of new product introduction plans for EMEA and refining and delivering new and current product training.
- Collaborate with the GBU, GSE, field operations, repair partners and any other stakeholders to continuously improve the support experience at optimal cost.
- Be the focal point for collecting, documenting and sharing product technical knowledge with EMEA A3 partners (issues, solutions etc.)
- Understand our customer and partner support needs by actively engaging with them, providing technical account management for delivery partners and acting as a trusted advisor.
- Apply project management techniques and advanced subject matter knowledge to resolve complex business issues.
- Analyse SNPS and operational data (eg Backlog, SNiC) to identify issues, define root causes, propose solutions and develop corrective action plans, engaging relevant HP resources, as required, and with a focus on issue prevention.
2. Technical (reactive) role :
Specific tasks will include:
- Rapid response to complex technical issues – both remote and on-site and including sw and fw.
- Reacting to technical support request from the Customer Relationship Team (CRT), Business Escalation Team (BES), CS Management, business partners etc.
- Contribution to business retention and growth by providing any necessary technical support, which may go beyond post-sales support boundaries.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for Partners by collaborating with other internal functions and GBUs when necessary.
Metrics: Meet agreed Service Level Agreements with ATS customers and partners.Partner Sat survey, country feedback, TAT, number of partner visits, F2F, Case backlog
Qualifications - Knowledge & Skills required:
- Technical university degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent team worker.
- Leadership skills
- Advanced problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Advanced technical skills on printers.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under remote supervision
- 10 years technical support experience.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% of time, depending on exact nature of the role).
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours (includes on-call duty).
- Fluent in English
- Basic project management skills
Specific skills requirement:
Knowledge of both the A3 copier market and associated technical skills.