Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Project management professionals; are you looking for an opportunity to apply your expertise to bigger and more challenging projects to build a rewarding career with an innovative company? Join us at Stryker! We offer a diverse array of innovative medical technologies including reconstructive, surgical, neurotechnology, and spine products to help people lead more active and satisfying lives. At Stryker, we collaborate with our customers to develop innovative products and services that ultimately improve their everyday lives. This is expressed through our mission: Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
We are currently seeking an experienced and goal-oriented Software Project Manager to play a vital role as part of our research and development teams. In this position, you will ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of assigned projects, while exemplifying our core values of Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance. This role is with our surgical robotics group, focusing on generating revolutionary technologies that we believe will change the way medicine is practiced.
If you are eager to take advantage of an opportunity to bringing cutting-edge technologies to market with some of the top technical professionals in the medical device industry, then we may be the perfect fit for you. Contact us today!
As a Project Manager, you will be directly responsible and accountable for the initiation, development of scope, schedule, cost estimates, and execution of complex projects. You will lead, manage, plan, and administer the operation activities for one or more project teams, driving direction and implementing project management best practices.
Additional responsibilities for this project management role include:
- Coordinating project management activities across our multiple sites around the world to ensure accurate tracking of all inter-project dependencies
- Developing and maintaining project plans for the complete program using MS Project Online
- Creating and maintaining other program documentation to meet business goals and program objectives
- Tracking and forecasting project performance regarding timeline and budget
- Working closely with project teams to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Partnering with project team members outside of R&D to maintain focus on project commitments and dependencies
- Coordinating mitigation strategies when changes to delivery timelines occur
- Developing and maintaining project status tracking and reporting tools
- Coordinating with functional managers to foresee/understand critical project activities
- Ensuring the delivery of products that support our corporate mission to make healthcare better
As an Project Manager, you must be a strategic and proactive leader with the ability to facilitate teamwork in a positive and collaborative manner. You should combine solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with superb conflict and influence-management abilities. It is also vital that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to clearly convey complex ideas and influence clients, team members, management, and external groups at all levels of expertise.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering technology; Master’s degree in Engineering Management and/or Software Engineering, preferred
- 2+ years of practical project management experience at the Bachelor’s level. Graduate coursework in project management at the Master’s level.
- Experience managing embedded software projects (not IT project management)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience with MS Project; experience with resource management, baselining, and macro development within MS Project, preferred
- Programming ability in Visual Basic for Applications, preferred
- PMP Certification, preferred
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or training in Agile project management methods, preferred
- Class II/III medical device experience, preferred