At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Reporting to the Director Business Development, Fire & UAS, this global position will help defining the mid- to long term strategy for the UAS segment and support the local sales teams in generating sales of UAS solutions, including thermal payloads, aerial platforms and application specific software. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- After a training and introduction period you will be part of the global business development team of the UAS vertical in FLIR’s Instruments division
- Define, explore and execute upon the mid- and long terms plans for the developments of the UAS vertical, with focus on the platform, IR payload and application specific software
- Work closely and seek alliance with key providers of aerial platforms, software, payload, training institutes and regulatory bodies
- Identify potential M&A targets
- Educate and support sales with expert knowledge on products and their applications
- Support sales closing; tenders, complex offerings, and big/key orders
- Drive regional competitive intelligence and ensure effective internal sharing of insights
- Drive business segment, including target customers / applications, offerings
- Drive type of distribution and pricing tactics
- Drive the development and testing of new verticals and applications in the region
- Drive PR and lobbying for the business segments’ technology
- You will report directly to the Director Business Development Manager, Fire & UAS
- Depending on your place of residence this position will be based in Nashua (NH) or from your home with regular visits to other FLIR locations and extensive travel throughout the territory
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong aptitude for selling value adding technical solutions
- Track record in UAS related (international) sales and business development experience
- Competitive, flexible and resourceful professional with very good networking and communication skills
- You have the ability to identify, qualify and capture mid- and long term business opportunities
- Proficient in writing proposals, giving presentations, performing technology demonstrations, forecasting and closing transactions
- Strong business acumen and a real commitment to achieving goals and results
- Proficient in MS Office , CRM Dynamics
- Hold FAA Part 107 - Remote Drone Pilot License or equivalent
- This position is field based and requires extensive (international) traveling (up to 75 % of your time)
- Experience working for an sUAS aerial platform, software, or payload company
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.