This position will be part of the DevOps team within the IT organization. The candidate will be responsible for creating infrastructure designs and guiding the development and implementation of Saas and cloud applications, systems and processes. This position will be working directly with application developers and system administrators to build and deploy highly available and scalable systems in private or public cloud environments. The candidate will need to be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment with experience in:
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare).
- Exposure or experience on database activities related to application setup, configuration and deployments is required.
- Java Application Server Administration (Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Amazon Linux and RedHat).
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding application development teams.
- Configuration Management tools (Chef or Puppet).
- Continers and Container management tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployment related tasks.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure an up to date operational environment.
- Open stack exposure or AWS experience is a plus
- Define, manage, and promote various development activities for DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with the software engineering team to design continuous integration best practices, deploy applications, and automate operations and processes.
- Develop tools and systems, including APIs, Web portals, databases, and virtual servers hosted on a hybrid environment that help to deliver high quality software quickly.
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry and engage with client–facing teams to consult and potentially help to implement DevOps practices.
- Automate deployments, develop scripts to manage the configuration of platforms, perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations, and assist with the setup and maintenance of test environments for manual and automated testing.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering and operations community to ensure successful implementation of DevOps strategies and architectures to enterprise applications and infrastructure, create, measure, analyze, and present reports to management representing current information security operations, and identify where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Create and revise infrastructure and architectural designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with operations.
- Development and documentation of Chef recipes for configuration management. Support throughout the entire deployment lifecycle (development, quality assurance and production).
- Help developers leverage infrastructure, application and cloud platform features and functionality and participate in code and design reviews.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python) to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
- 6+ years of experience in a technical environment
- 3+ years of experience with Web–based software development or in an operations–related position
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and automation frameworks, including Chef, Docker, Puppet, or Jenkins or Kubernetes
- 2 years of experience with complex projects using Agile methodologies
- Solid experience with Java application servers.
- Experience with Source code control (GIT/SVN)
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, PHP, Python, Java, Node, or Ruby
- Experience with Linux and UNIX administration
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.