United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB
Relocation assistance may be available
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
- Individuals collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
- Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers. Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD (8500.2, 5200.2-R, etc.), and MDA security policies and directives.
- Oversees intrusion detection, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services.
- Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk.
- The Network Defender will collect, store and present data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities.
- The Network Defender will operate and administer the BMD provided IA/CND suite, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- 5 years of work related experience with a Bachelors degree in Engineering, IT or related field, or 9 years of work related experience in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret Clearance is required
- Candidate will be required to support 24x7 operations at CMAFS.
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts
- Ability to recognize known worms/viruses based on their signatures
- Ability to recognize network intrusion events and to differentiate false positives
- Ability to recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event logs and other detailed information
- Knowledge of hardware (Routers, CSU/DSU, bridges, multiplexers, servers and switches configuration)
- Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire
- Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
- Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.