- Provide technical support to SailPoint customers and field personnel via multiple channels, including: telephone, email, WebEx and GoToMeeting.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems reported by our customers.
- Deliver product fixes and patches to customers.
- Document problem solutions in company knowledge base.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to improve product service, design, and quality.
- Present technical concepts in a clear manner.
- Meticulously document case progress and technical details throughout the support case lifecycle.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support via rotational schedule.
- Participate in recurring support review meetings, presenting challenging cases and new ideas to the support team.
- Impress our customers with your empathy, responsiveness, technical ability and attention to detail.
Required (candidates must have this experience):
- 3+ years of professional software support experience; preferably in enterprise security software product companies.
- Software development experience with an object-oriented language.
- Proven track record of aggressive troubleshooting techniques; effective use of all resources available including documentation, online sources, testing and experimentation, and the knowledge of other technical professionals.
- Experience with Database Administration (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, DB2, MySQL).
- Experience on both Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) OS platforms.
- Experience with a J2EE / Java EE 5 Application Server such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, or WebLogic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to listen and empathize with the client's situation. An understanding of when to employ different interpersonal interaction techniques depending on the situation.
- Willingness to improve yourself and fellow team members in relevant technologies.
Preferred (candidates should have this experience):
- Experience with identity management applications IDM/IAM from vendors like SailPoint, Oracle, IBM etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SharePoint
- Experience developing or troubleshooting Java applications in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to think creatively when troubleshooting and not allowing a brick wall to stop you.
- Log4j or other logging system configuration experience for Java bases applications.
- .Net error troubleshooting.
- Browser compatibility testing on multiple OS platform.
- Version control systems such as Subversion (SVN).
- Java, Ant and software build-related technologies.
- Experience with web technologies such as XHTML, JSF, SPML/SOAP.
- Networking knowledge and exposure to application server clusters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.