Job Title: Threat Analysis Engineer
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
In Security Technology and Response, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a global team of security engineers, virus hunters, threat analysts, and researchers that provides the underlying security technology, content, and support for all Symantec corporate and consumer security products. The division considers not only today’s threats, but the threats of tomorrow and uses this intelligence to develop entirely new approaches to security. These technologies are being developed for every possible platform including the network infrastructure, servers, desktops, and mobile devices. The group is high-talent and high-energy, pushing new technologies that must achieve the best detection, best performance, and best user experience in the marketplace.
• The position is part of Security Technology and Response (STAR).
• Security Response Engineer will perform binary code analysis by reverse engineering applications to identify malicious code, create anti-virus signatures, and reports describing the threat.
• This position requires working to provide excellent generic detection solution for polymorphic, complex and prevalent threats.
• Candidate’s projects will include data-mining a corpus of trillions of samples to understand common patterns that malicious threats employ to evade detection.
• Candidate will develop machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision trees and neural networks to identify threats.
• The candidate should be self-initiative.
• He must be passionate about malware reverse engineering and content publishing.
• B.E./B.TECH./M.E./M.TECH/MCA from reputed institutes such as IIT/NIT, BITS, REC, etc.
• Work Experience: 3-5 years.
• Must be experienced in malware analysis and reverse engineering.
• The applicant must have expertise in debugging using tools such as IDA, Softice, Ollydbg, etc.
• The applicant must have a solid understanding of PE file format and other file formats are a plus.
• The applicant must have experience of working with Antivirus / Security domain related product Development Company.
• Experience in x86 assembly and C/C++.
• The applicant should have sound knowledge of windows file system and memory management.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Perl or Python are a plus.
• Experience with databases and data-mining is a plus.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills as at times it is required to work with global counterparts.
• Must be very good team player.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.