Contact for Details
The Advanced Regenerative Manufacturing Institute ("ARMI"), a New Hampshire not for profit corporation that will be the recipient of $80 million in federal funds over the next 5-7 years, seeks to make practical the large-scale manufacturing of engineered tissues and tissue-related technologies, to benefit existing industries and grow new ones.
ARMI is in need of a Finance Manager / Controller to help with all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This role, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the business and compliance with applicable laws and regulations, especially those relating to use of government funds and cost share accounting.
- Maintain Accounting systems as Finance Manager/Controller for Government contracts
- Manage DCAA compliant timekeeping policy and process payroll
- Coordinate and drive the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P and GL, Cost Accounting, Cost Share Accounting, Revenue Recognition
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare, analyze and publish timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items
- Manage financial aspects of, and assure compliance with, all subcontractor activity
- Research technical accounting issues including FAR compliance
- Manage local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure crisp communication and successful outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller or as a Finance Manager with a government contractor
- Government contract accounting experience, Cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience maintaining DCAA compliant systems a must
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, drive, commitment, self-initiative and perseverance are required with a demonstrated track record of personal accomplishments
- Experience implementing DCAA compliant systems
- Experience with not-for-profit entities and related accounting
- FFP, T&M and Cost Plus Contracts experience
- Experience with cost share accounting