Marketing Manager, DACH
You are responsible for the planning, development, project management and execution of commercial marketing programs across the DACH region. Based in Hamburg, you collaborate with both our central marketing and local commercial teams, as well as global partners and customers. Your core focus is autonomously driving localization of global marketing initiatives, particularly around thought leadership, events, regional content and customer marketing, and a significant proportion of original work designed to address unique DACH market opportunities. Initial priorities will include developing and designing: market insights, messaging, thought leadership content, sales enablement, joint partner marketing, and events and conferences.
About the team:
The AppNexus Commercial Marketing team is embedded in the commercial organization and works in close coordination with sales and account managers to evangelize the company’s product strategy and roadmap, drive new and incremental business opportunities, and generate awareness in regional markets. The team also works closely with our Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing and Communications organizations to ensure that company messaging resonates most effectively in local markets and in the field.
About the job:
The DACH Marketing Manager will own key elements of the DACH marketing plan, making a direct impact on revenue performance and company perception. You will be expected to work closely with colleagues and partners to deliver world-class integrated marketing programs that fuel our continued growth and big ambitions.
- Create a compelling story for AppNexus in DACH: Localize global messaging and build a narrative across geographies and segments
- Develop actionable market insights: Monitor competition, understand industry trends, explore regional and segment behaviors
- Empower Sales, Customers and Partners: Build the sales tools and marketing programs that connect key audiences with the right AppNexus message at the right time
- Analyze and use the data: Dig deeply into Salesforce and 3rd party data sources to build an accurate picture of the DACH market
- Continually evaluate: Assess the efficacy of all marketing initiatives and projects using detailed and measurable metrics
- Build the process as we go: Break new ground and find new ways of working as we scale the organization
About your skills:
- Experience in world-class marketing for technically complex products and diverse geos
- Knowledge of integrated B2B programs with measured results across multiple channels and countries; includes product launches
- Excellent writing skills, with experience authoring blog posts and opinion pieces, case studies, and whitepapers
- Management of Marketo or Salesforce campaigns, optimizing the local teams’ and clients’ data
- Deep interest in how marketing is evolving
- Autonomy and innovation in driving marketing initiatives, since you report into our International Marketing Director who sits in London, within a US-based company, and collaborate with people around the globe
- Understanding of the programmatic or digital advertising landscape is an advantage, though curiosity to learn fast is equally valuable
- Time management, multitasking, and organizational skills, collating in a structured work ethic
- Openness and engagement in teamwork. Marketing at AppNexus is a team sport, where talented individuals work collectively to find the best answers; we push hard for what we believe in through a "no ego" culture in which everyone strives for greatness together
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Learn. Teach. Build.
AppNexians make greatness happen
Join our community