Brightcove is looking for a talented software engineer for our live streaming platform. Our live streaming platform is based on latest cloud technologies and platform enables Brightcove customers to quickly create reliable ABR live streams from any place in the world and monetize them using server side Ad insertion or regular player Ad insertion. We also provide really fast live to VOD capacities among other features.
Fluency up and down the stack and good operational knowledge of scalable platforms in the cloud will serve you well in this role. We are looking for smart, creative, collaborative and fun people who have a desire to work in a fast paced environment building scalable cloud based services for video processing and streaming.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- You need to be a polyglot programmer, comfortable in both object oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience in NodeJS will be highly appreciated, C and C++ is a plus.
- All our products run in AWS, so experience using any of the following AWS cloud services is required: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Comfortable working with both relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with video codecs and container formats, DRM technologies and CDN delivery is a plus.
- Contributions to open source projects will be taken into account, preferably video related projects
- Need to be comfortable working with Linux and have a good understanding of OS internals.
- Self motivated, proactive and take ownership of issues.
- Thrive and excel in our diverse agile team environment.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are located in the Skysong Innovation Center in Scottsdale, AZ which is home to cutting-edge companies from around the world working in an environment designed to foster collaboration and growth. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.