Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! This position will work directly with our engineering team to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly--and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas.
As a Software Engineer at Snowflake Computing you will:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems and the query processing engine.
Our Ideal Software Engineer will have:
- 1+ years industry experience creating commercial software products
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Excellent programming skills and ability to work in Linux environment
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience with SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations.
- Experience with data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions
- Experience with implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query optimization, query execution, compiler design and implementation
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular
- Experience delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015 and 2016. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.