External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click "Find Jobs" link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Business Information Architect
R1833 Business Information Architect (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Business Information Architect
Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, an AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, California headquarters.
While we’ve been named as one of the best places to work, our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA Members. Through our commitment to service, growth and people, CSAA Insurance Group aspires to be the number one insurer in AAA Member households in the markets we serve.
As a business information architect you are responsible for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the current and future enterprise business needs. You collaborate with the fellow architectural members in information management activities. You also have opportunity to Influence and drive awareness of information strategy and architecture to the enterprise.
- Leads efforts in defining the goals, criteria, principles, policies and approach for enterprise business information strategy and architecture.
- Partners with the other business information architects, technical and business architects to develop the CSAA Information Capability Map.
- Applies expert knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support dynamic business environment.
- Maintains the information capability repository with current and relevant information.
- Provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure common and consistent interpretation of business information needs.
- Leads the regular assessments of the relevance and maturity of information capabilities for business domains across the enterprise.
- Advises and makes recommendations to senior management on information capabilities and evolving industry trends.
- Leads the development and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a single or multiple domains.
- Leads the development and maintenance of an integrated logical data model to understand data and its inter-dependencies and their usage patterns.
- Provides consultation and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise information logical model across project lifecycle.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from information capabilities to technical assets (operational + analytical).
- Partners with key stakeholders to build the business cases required for approval and funding for the Data and Analytical efforts needed to support the Information Capability Roadmap.
- Owns the design of information architecture solutions, ensuring that they align with business and IT strategies, maximize reuse and integrate well with existing solutions.
- Sets the direction regarding the appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- Performs a thought leadership role in the areas of enterprise data modeling, data access, data integration, data base design and implementation.
- Leads enterprise data management standards development for governance around data provisioning and access controls.
- Leads development and maintenance of business glossaries/data definitions/taxonomy/data classification/data standardization and contribute to process design for data governance functions.
- Facilitates gather, review and analyze activities of project requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders, business system analysts and IT teams.
Knowledge, Experience, Education, Certification/Licenses
- Experience with product/actuarial/claims/marketing analysis (has business insights).
- Detailed oriented, stressing consistency in communications and documentation.
- Ability to work in line with a project plan, deliverables and due dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical degree or equivalent combination of experience and education - including experience with six sigma or other statistical / quality/operational methodologies.
- 8+ years of experience gained within insurance/financial services industry, or consulting firms; in depth knowledge of stated industry.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes, information and capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Ability to mentor, coach and provide appropriate guidance/direction/feedback to other members on the team.
- Experience in designing and managing product delivery measurement frameworks
- Experience with analyzing/access data (has technical skills).
- Experience with data management tools (meta-data management, data profiling, ETL, etc.).
- Experience with IAA / IIW in building data warehouse / BI platform, and/or ACORD services for data integration.
- Experience with Enterprise reporting and statistical tools (i.e. Business Objects, Cognos, SAS, SPSS, DashInsight).
- Knowledge of big data technologies, statistical methods, machine learning models and associated governance models.
- Knowledge of HIVE, HBASE, Phoenix, Ranger and Atlas.
- Expertise in the practices of information architecture and information strategy
- Proven ability to translate business capability into information capability.
- Proven ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to understand how information capabilities and domains enable business strategy.
- Proven ability to articulate complex business and information/data concepts for general consumption.
- Expertise in developing information roadmaps, and align information needs to business capabilities and business processes.