Requisition Id : 100341
Multi Location Job:
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
- This position will conduct system level software testing for globally developed amplifier products. It will also help drive strategic direction for global testing strategy and specific development project test strategy. The position will work closely with Program Management and Engineering to ensure proper test coverage in the most efficient manner possible.
- This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Conducts system level software validation for projects or teams on audio electronics.
- Interfaces with Program Management, Engineering Sales and customers to develop and execute system level software testing for amplifiers
- Support global testing initiatives
- Builds and maintains amplifier systems bench for testing purposes
- Support other regional test groups when required
- Develops test strategies and plans in accordance with business and product requirements
- Initiates and fosters team wide activities in learning and adopting new and relevant state of the art technologies for automotive infotainment, consumer electronics, embedded systems, software testing, and test tools.
- Applies specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans, test designs, and test cases.
- Creates automated test scripts using common scripting languages.
- Performs manual and automated software testing.
- Performs session based exploratory testing.
- Perform endurance based testing or life testing to verify functionality over long periods of time or ignition cycles.
- Identifies software issues and transfers problem issues into the issue tracking system with supporting log files and data.
- Records, processes, and analyzes data with PC based tools and test instrumentation.
- Documents testing and creates test reports.
- Follows CMMI/ASPICE guidelines for creating and maintaining test documentation.
- Coordinates with different departments domestically and internationally.
- Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, and other activities in the framework of an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Participates in internal and customer test drives. Provides technical support for the resolution of various customer and interdepartmental issues on an as needed basis.
- Performs setup of modules/wiring and maintains test benches and test vehicles appropriately.
- Demonstrates and maintains a safe driving record. Maintains and operates any vehicles within the group according to company vehicle policy.
- 5-7 years in a product engineering or test engineering role in an embedded environment, preferably in automotive infotainment or consumer electronics.
- 5-7 years creating test plans and test cases.
- 5-7 creating automation scripts.
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a highly collaborative, demanding, and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, the software test life cycle, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.,).
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and integrating multiple systems into a complete validation solution.
- Working knowledge of multiple scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.,).
- Working knowledge of other structured languages (C++, C#, VB)
- Vehicle networking experience (CAN, MOST).
- Software testing training (SQE, ISTQB, etc.,).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing software bugs.
- Dedicated performer with the ability to advocate appropriately for product quality.
- Relentless learner with a dedication to learn new technologies and test methods.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Bug tracking tools (JIRA, etc.,).
- Configuration Management tools (Perforce, GIT, etc.,).
- Office productivity software.
- BSCE, BSEE, BSCS.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
Requisition Id : 100341
Multi Location Job:
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
R&D Engineer, Developer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Embedded, Engineering, Technology