At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible for the sales of FLIR ITS related products in the designated territory. Manages a distributor and systems integrator client portfolio and supports them to further grow the sales in the ITS market.
Job Location Flexible:
This person in this role can be based out of any large metropolitan area close to an international airport. (Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Los Angeles are just some examples)
- Meet and exceed the assigned booking goals for the territory.
- Territory to be covered is USA & Canada. However, the territory can be adapted later on, depending on the organization of the sales department.
- Development of the ITS market and the distribution/integrator network. Evaluate and appoint new distribution channels/integrators as required. Motivating and working with the distributors to drive demand.
- Qualify new distribution/integration channels in depth by evaluation of the candidates through extensive market research, including contact via telephone, mail, personal contact, on-site visits, trade shows etc.
- Develop and manage good relationships with distributors, system integrators and end-customers within the territory.
- Support distributors/integrators, propose and implement improvements in working methods.
- Make timely visits to current distributors/integrators and prospects for continuous evaluation of the companies.
- Set up and agree sales goals and objectives with distributors/integrators. Request sales forecasts from them in an effective and timely manner. Continued follow-up of prospects and weekly reporting (forecast) is required.
- In cooperation with channels plan and execute local sales activities: Support distributors/integrators on local tradeshows, plan and execute seminars for key customers, conduct product demonstrations.
- Providing daily updates to FLIR’s CRM system once it is implemented into the FLIR ITS department.
- On a general level provide distributors and system integrators with support in technical and system architecture questions related to FLIR products.
- Conduct sales training and product training sessions for distributors using the established training programmes to a level where they can actively sell the product.
- Product responsibility for all products sold into the Intelligent Transportation Systems market.
- Assume responsibility for demo-equipment and monitor the condition of all equipment assigned for demonstration purposes. Quarterly certification of demo unit condition is required.
- With support from FLIR Contracts department, arrange representation contracts with all distributors in territory and continuously review and update them. Propose to cancel existing cooperation agreements when necessary due to poor performance or other relevant reasons.
- Carry out in a timely fashion, specific related projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor. Perform other job related duties as required.
- Required to travel approximately 75% of the time, providing regular visits to distributors, systems integrators, consultants, end-users and trade shows.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in selling high technology capital equipment, preferably in the Traffic/Transportation, Security, CCTV or IT market.
- University degree in a technical discipline, Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics is preferred. A technical education and/or experience with TCP/IP networks or with technology related to surveillance sensors will be important.
- Fluent in English. Speaking French as well is an advantage.
- Ability to combine a high degree of technical knowledge with good sales and communication skills.
- Talented in writing proposals, giving presentations on company products and services, performing system demonstrations, forecasting and closing transactions.
- Have the ability to identify, qualify and capture long term business.
- Computer literacy, to include experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software packages
- Extensive travel required within the territory (North America/ US & Canada) and internationally.
·International Communication Skills
·Inter-Personal Relationship Skills
·Sales & Presentation Skills
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.