Job ID R05872
The National Security Business Development (BD) Manager will be the lead for a virtual team focused on driving the adoption of VMware technology in large US Intelligence Community and Dept of Homeland Security (IC & DHS) programs with a focus on the System Integrator community. This is a senior individual contributor position that requires a blend of direct sales and business development expertise.
Drive the System Integrator adoption of VMware technologies in their program initiatives. A successful sales representative in this role will:
- Understand the IC & DHS market – Understand the top IC & DHS initiatives and programs that will drive the greatest revenue for VMWare; Know and have contacts in the Customer community, the Partner ecosystem and the key System Integrators in the IC & DHS market
- Understand the VMware portfolio – Understand the VMware story, solutions and technologies; Understand & Relate specific IC & DHS focused Use Cases for VMware solutions; Communicate new end-user mission and technical requirements to VMware
- Build & Maintain Relationships within System Integrator Accounts – Understand the System Integrator business model and sales cycle; Build relationships with the business development and program teams within the System Integrators; Be the point of contact for VMWare for System Integrators for program business in the IC & DHS market
- Push Awareness in the System Integrator IC & DHS Organizations - elevate VMware's strategic status with key System Integrator partners, drive executive capture & technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow System Integrators to discriminate in the IC & DHS market and influence end-user customer requirements
- Assist with IC & DHS Program Sales Strategies – Engage & coordinate with End-User IC & DHS Sales Reps; Engage VMware IC & DHS capture management to develop program specific value propositions; Identify the relevant IC & DHS system integrators and points of contact; Build call plans with integrator accounts; Develop program bid strategies with VMware Leadership
- Drive Adoption of VMware technology during Program Capture Phase - Execute program specific call plans; Push program focused value propositions; Arrange demonstrations and deep dives; Negotiate positions on System Integrator teams; Ensure System Integrators are getting proper proposal & technical support; Help System Integrators win program business
- Drive Adoption of VMware technology in existing Programs – Understand the key existing programs in the IC & DHS market and the System Integrators who hold the contracts; Develop relationships with System Integrator program leadership; Show how VMware solutions can minimize costs, meet schedules & service level agreements, and/or expand the contract scope
- Manage a program specific funnel of both pre-award & post award opportunities – Focus is on the largest, long term opportunities. BDM will be responsible for understanding VMWare’s value proposition in these important initiatives, building & executing campaigns to position our technology and understand the competitive field in the market.
- 10+ years’ experience in technical sales and BD roles with enterprise IT technology vendors
- Strong knowledge of the IC & DHS Sales Cycle and Programs
- Demonstrated success in working with IC & DHS System Integrators in a sales and business development capacity on infrastructure and program capture
- Demonstrated success in winning Multimillion dollar large Federal Government or SLED programs
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with multiple systems integrators
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions selling and product marketing for application and infrastructure software, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Strong demonstrated expertise and experience in working with government procurement and contracting.
- Demonstrated success in creating and negotiating corporate agreements with Major Systems integrators
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- History of demonstrated success in Software sales is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 20%+
- Technical or Business undergraduate degree desired, MBA a plus
- TS/SCI Security Clearance is preferred.
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
Location is DC Metro.