This position is on the Regulatory & Accounting Solutions team in the Sales Division at Moody’s Analytics. The role requires subject matter expertise and relevant work experience in the banking and/or accounting field(s). It will specifically focus on the allowance calculation under the new CECL and IFRS 9 accounting standards, but the SME will need to be able to address commercial banking processes more generally. The role will involve matching Moody’s capabilities with those of the client and advising the client on framework design, methodology choice, and systems integration. The role will also require working with the pre-sales, advisory, implementation services, marketing teams and senior management to identify growth opportunities and develop outreach plans. Additionally, this position will represent the business at industry conferences and through written submissions to internal and outside publications.Responsibilities:
- Take a leadership role in growing and managing business development around the financial instruments – credit loss accounting standard (CECL) by developing a network of client, partner, regulatory and internal relationships.
- Help to build a deep sales pipeline by working with the Relationship Managers and Product Specialists to promote Moody’s Analytics solutions.
- Write proposals that effectively communicate MA’s capabilities and that help the client visualize a comprehensive stress testing solution.
- Advise on how best to incorporate client developed tools or 3rd party products into a comprehensive credit impairment framework.
- Work closely with senior management to pinpoint specific growth opportunities and take the lead in owning the execution and results of the plan.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and leadership to the sales team, and actively participate in developing, shaping and growing the practice.
- Collaborate with the marketing to team to develop an outreach plan that will include PR, conferences and event appearances, speaking engagements and a publication agenda.
- Represent the business at industry conferences and through written submissions to leading journals, newspapers and trade magazines.
- Identify areas where the company’s capabilities could be complemented by entering into special agreements with other technology providers or market participants.
- Identify opportunities, analyze risk/reward tradeoffs, screen candidates, build business cases and partake in negotiations
Job Req ID
Line of Business
Sales & Customer Svc (SALES CSVC)
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's Analytics (MA)
Senior Director - Accounting Solutions Specialist
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
New York, San Francisco
- Experience in oversight or audit of allowance framework at a banking institution, within Risk or Accounting / Finance function.
- Track record of successfully developing a network of senior managers in the financial services industry and nurturing deep relationships with risk professionals.
- Experience in the publishing and delivery of thought leadership demonstrated in research, publications and speaking engagements.
- Familiarity with recent advances in credit risk measurement and management; commercial or consumer lender experience a plus.
- Broad understanding of the competitive landscape for products and services targeted at the risk practitioner community.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required.
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s), or Ph.D. a plus.
- Solid understanding of finance and credit – CFA, CPA, FRM, or PRM certification a plus.
- 12-15 years of relevant professional experience, including 7+ years at a top-tier consulting firm, software company or financial services company.
- International experience a plus.
- Clear written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel.
Working at Moody's
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Sales and Client Services
Sales & Marketing
Job Sub Category
Relationship & Account Management