OpenGov is a fast-growing, venture-backed software company that is powering more effective and accountable government. We are the leader in government performance solutions: easy-to-use software for better budgeting, improved reporting and operational intelligence, and comprehensive citizen transparency and open data. OpenGov solutions give governments the right tools and relevant data for more informed decision- making and better outcomes for the public.
Over 1,500 public agencies in 48 states are part of the growing OpenGov network. Founded in 2012, OpenGov customers include the State Treasurer of Ohio, the city of Minneapolis, MN; Maricopa County, AZ; and Washington, DC. OpenGov is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Emerson Collective, 8VC, and Thrive Capital and has headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
Sr. Full Stack Developer Description
As a senior member of the OpenGov Operate team you'll build best-in-class SaaS solutions that enable efficiency, transparency, and accountability within government agencies. You'll be a key member of our engineering team, delivering new features and improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment. A typical day in this role would provide opportunities to contribute to the growing capabilities of OpenGov's operational intelligence platform at every level.
Starting from the roots of our applications, you'll bring strong relational database skills to the table, along with the ability to articulate solid data flow architecture. Having a keen eye for good API design, scalability, and service architecture will help enable your success as you simultaneously build and climb the structure of our enterprise scale web applications. Finally, at the top, you'll bring it all together by realizing the vision of our UX team in the front-end. We value natural self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, and fun. You value clean code, principles over dogma, and making the world a little better everyday.
• Develop new UI features and improve existing code
• Deploy and debug code in a production SaaS environment
• Produce reusable and readable code and libraries
• Write unit and integration tests to improve and maintain high code coverage
• Create and maintain micro-services and their databases
• Work with local and remote engineers on a regionally distributed team
• 4+ years professional experience writing enterprise level software
• 3+ years professional experience writing Java, bonus for experience with Java 8
• 2+ years professional experience developing micro-services
• 2+ years professional experience creating, maintaining, and migrating relational databases
• 2+ years professional experience with Linux CLI
• 2+ years professional experience with Git or another popular CVS
• Strong written and verbal communication skills