Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Card & Merchant Fraud Prevention Manager
This supervisor position will lead Anti-Fraud Operations Team within the MasterCard Payment Transaction Services organization in Turkey providing fraud risk management and prevention services to support MasterCard’s customers within the Turkish and international markets. The position is located in Istanbul / Turkey, primarily will support teams located in Istanbul and will report to the Vice President in Istanbul.
This position is mainly responsible for providing strategic leadership on fraud prevention and awareness. The incumbent coordinates reporting of fraud risks and exposures to senior management and line of business (LOB) partners, analyzes current and emerging fraud trends, proposes & administers the rules & algorithms used to detect suspicious fraudulent transactions and implements recommendations or solutions to mitigate fraud risk while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and MasterCard policies & procedures.
• Designs, builds, administers and deploys fraud mitigation rules, algorithms, strategies for existing and emerging fraud activities with a strong emphasis on cards, merchants and payment systems.
• Coaches and manages a 24/7 anti-fraud team which effectively inspect cases, communicates with customers, delivers fraud mitigation techniques and analysis through sound process discipline while performing all the other related necessary activities.
• Communicates with the internal and external customers not only to receive requests but also to proactively inform and suggest new actions in the areas of fraud prevention, detection, mitigation and recovery.
• Own and lead initiatives to address fraud vulnerabilities and events in a timely manner.
• Interface with colleagues throughout the organization at all levels to address critical care issues promptly.
• Develops strong partnerships with multiple key partners in order to share and gather new and emerging fraud trends.
• Creates and delivers periodic reports regarding the activities, avoided financial fraud risk and realised fraud cases.
• When needed, provides education and fraud awareness communications to local employees within the company.
All About You:
• Proven track report in Anti-Fraud operations and team management.
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of on-line fraud prevention systems, rule engines, fraud analysis, algorithms, loss prevention policies & procedures and risk control.
• Experience in EMS (Expert Monitoring System) Anti-Fraud tool is a plus but not mandatory.
• Experience in customer support and delivery roles.
• Experience in supporting and facilitating change and incident activities.
• Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Turkish.
Equal Opportunity Employer