The CAD Supervisor will be based in Northfield, MN. The role will be a working CAD Designer also responsible for training and managing CAD/CAM Technicians in their day to day activities. Responsible for providing leadership in the planning, design and implementation of customer specific requirements. Performs non-routine and moderately complex tasks utilizing CAD to design standard, high density, and printed flexible circuit boards. Position is fast paced and requires a responsible, detail oriented individual.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Assists Electrical Design Engineers in the development of state-of-the-art designs of new or modified, low to high-density, complex, printed circuit boards.
- Works from preliminary schematics, parts lists and basic description of the board function, configuration and arrangement as defined by engineering.
- Collaborates with Multek DFX teams to develop a physical layout that optimizes for manufacturability and test.
- Maintains technical coordination with Multek’s manufacturing groups and the customer’s engineers.
- Establishes design standards and configuration.
- Specialized design areas may include ECAD (Electrical) and MCAD (Mechanical) and design.
- Additional Job Description § Supervise engineers in the development of state-of-the-art designs of new or modified, low to high-density, complex, Flexible Printed Circuits
- Oversee preliminary schematics, configuration and arrangement as defined by engineering.
- Maintains and promotes collaboration with Multek DFX teams to develop a physical layout that optimizes for manufacturability and test.
- Ensure maintaining technical coordination with Multek’s manufacturing groups and the customer’s engineers.
- Manage performance of the team and conduct performance evaluations
- Identify key talent and aids in development.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 7-10 years of relevant design experience with relevant education: AS or higher recommended but open to extensive experience without a degree
- Must have leadership/lead/supervisor experience (informal experience okay); ideally someone who has been a CAD supervisor, experience with coaching and performance reviews
- CAD knowledge and experience; PCB and flexible PCB
- Must have strong electrical design experience (with some mechanical to understand product layouts)
- Must have circuit design experience
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- BSEE Ideal for educational requirement
- HMI a plus
- Flexible circuit design experience preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Design & Technology
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.