You will work on data collection, data generation and performance evaluation systems consisting of cutting-edge HW, FW and SW components, Motion capture systems, 3D scanners and 3D SW modeling tools, robots. You will work in close collaboration with the Perception team, Content team and other groups in Magic Leap to deliver ground truth data, develop visualization tools, test end-to-end applications and verify algorithm performance.
- Work with ground truth data acquisition systems, develop algorithms and implement SW components for data capture and processing, work with motion capture systems, 3D scanners and 3D modeling tools, robots to capture and generate data, and perform system and subjective testing.
- Develop and implement data processing framework.
- Work with perception team members to define ground truth data collection and algorithm verification needs.
- Collaborate with other groups in developing end-to-end application prototypes for data capture and algorithm verification
- Hands-on work with complex hardware and software, be able to debug common problems, and meticulous with logging of collection data so that all collected data is usable.
- 3D Math know-how
- Software skills:
- Profound knowledge in the following - C++ / Python
- Linux - Advantageous
- Hardware skills:
- Assembly of prototypes
- Basic lab & test equipment e.g. scope, signal generator, signal processing etc.
- Know-how in camera calibration techniques - advantageous
- Basic project management and operational skills
- Ability to travel globally frequently: ~20%
- B.Sc in Engineering or Exact Sciences
- M.Sc in Engineering is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.