Sensata Global Planning and Logistics team is searching for an experienced Regional Logistics Manager whom will provide strategic direction and management of Sensata’s transportation and warehousing functions in support of corporate objectives. The key areas of focus will include: creating a strategy around regional logistics and freight, developing a structure to support this strategy, creating, implementing & mentoring productivity projects, holding accountability and reporting of KPIs to include variance drivers and mitigating actions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Strategic management of project based pipeline fueling the attainment of corporate objectives.
- Management of process assurance of governmental compliance regulations within all regions of operation.
- Creating monthly reports on NR linear shipment progression, global freight analysis, freight accrual management.
- KPI management includes Logistics Spend as % of NR; Inventory Accuracy; Warehouse Cost per Box; and Logistics OTD.
- Pro-actively reviewing compliance initiatives for robustness of the proposed training plans and solutions along with advancing staffing knowledge base
- Carrier and warehouse site reviews to identify cost/service improvement opportunities by lane/region
- Working with Procurement to assure best cost contractual agreements are attained
- Review reporting on spend versus forecasts and prepare analysis explaining variances by region and business unit
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts based on inputs from business units, Operation sites, demand planning, finance, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create opportunities & drive team delivery of cost savings objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, in Logistics, Finance or equivalent
- 10+ years Global Logistics experience
- 5+ years management experience in a globally matrix organization
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- TMS (transportation management system) experience
- WMS (warehouse management system) experience
- Experience in Business partnering within regional & cross functional matrix organization
- Work in a fast-paced development environment with complex project attributes.
- Self-starter capable to lead matrix teams.
- Proactively plan, organize and establish priorities to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Oracle12
- M&A and operations integration
- Trade compliance basics, CPIM, and Lean/6 sigma experience a plus
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.