ARRIS is a leading video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications…without boundaries. Our solutions enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favourite content. It’s an exciting time at ARRIS, and as we continue to grow our global operations, we need extraordinary people across all facets of our organization. Currently we are looking for a Software Engineer.
To generate and maintain quality software, design and associated documentation for all software components of a project, conforming to current ARRIS process and meets the project requirements.
Often assists others and reviews design documentation. Serves as primary on-site technical contact for the customer and third parties and as interface between ARRIS and the customer
• Creates and reviews of design specifications and other documentation for software components or subsystems
• First line triage of complex software bugs
• Develops subsystems or overall systems as required and as outlined in ARRIS product development process, integrating third party software
• Produces well structured, documented and maintainable code to meet project goals
• Assist in definition and promotion of ARRIS defined quality standards for software engineering
• Provide maintenance support for existing products to ensure prompt rectification of problems
• Defines the test environment and strategy and ensure proper test, debug and verification of integrated software modules.
• Contributes and adheres to disciplines, process and tools in line with ARRIS product development process
• Participates in, and contributes to, formal design and project reviews
• Liaises at peer level with customers, suppliers and partners
• Challenges and questions development to seek improvements
• Acts as mentor to less experienced engineers
• Takes the initiative to solve problems and see them through to conclusion
Skills and experience
• HND/Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technology discipline, or equivalent experience, preferred
• A significant experience in software development and integration in the relevant technological area
• Detailed knowledge and experience of programming languages in relevant technology area (communication protocols, digitalTV technologies and DVB systems)
• Excellent problem solving skills and analysis
• Broader experience of Real Time and Operating Systems
• Experience in engineering methods and tools and processes
• Been involved in several multi-disciplinary projects teams
• Skilled in developing effective relationships (internal/external)
• Proven interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills
• Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
• A self motivated, imaginative individual with demonstrated success in the development of Software Systems.
• A logical thinker with a structured approach to design and problem solving.
• Capable of interacting within a team or working in isolation without close supervision. Effective communicator especially within a technical area.
• Systems integration experience would be useful
EMEA-South Africa-South Africa-Johannesburg South Africa
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Jul 13, 2017, 10:21:54 AM