General Atomics Aeronautical SystemsJob Title:
Mid-Level Program Protection and Anti-Tamper EngineerJob Category:
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Program Protection Engineer in the Project Engineering group.
Under general direction with limited review, this position is responsible for leading cross-functional teams to implement Program Protection solutions. The Project Engineering group initiates the planning of engineering projects and develops innovative designs or modifications in order to meet project goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform Critical Program Information (CPI) analysis and provide CPI candidate recommendations.
- Assess hardware and software vulnerabilities and derive subsequent Program Protection and Anti-Tamper requirements.
- Develop system and sub-system level attack vectors and design countermeasures utilizing industry best practices.
- Create Program Protection and Anti-Tamper concepts, plans, and reports.
- Conduct testing verifying Program Protection and Anti-Tamper requirements.
- Provide documentation and make technical presentations as required.
- Provide direction to design or technical staff.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
3+ years of experience designing, verifying, and implementing Program Protection or Anti-tamper designs for the DoD
- 1+ years of experience in Cybersecurity architecture, designs, and techniques
- Active Secret Clearance required, Top Secret Clearance preferred
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes