The mission of the developer evangelist is to lead platform adoption through evangelism, community engagement, and developer relations. You will be instrumental in leading a team with the goal of building a large and vibrant community around key BlackBerry technologies worldwide. You will build and nurture great relationships with developers directly, supporting them in building applications, answering their questions and creating useful content, educational material, and demonstration applications using BlackBerry technology
- Lead and manage the developer evangelist team, while spending about 50% of your time as a developer.
- Review code for customers as well as work on your own passion projects.
- Champion our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, videos, writing technical tutorials and other similar activities.
- Improve how BlackBerry engages with the developer community:
- Develop developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material on top of the BlackBerry platform to demonstrate value and build excitement.
- Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary tools and platform adoption in the community.
- Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers and senior management.
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with developer and community influencers.
- Become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside the BlackBerry developer organization.
- Create new market opportunities/identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
- Advocate for developers internally and influence BlackBerry developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Experience building apps, creating solutions, interacting with other developers and helping others learn by example.
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of experience
- Extensive technical understanding of APIs, SDKs and developer best practices.
- Technical depth and exceptional communication and presentation skills, passion, and curiosity,
- Ability to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities, while having deep subject matter expertise in a specific area. For example: IoT, mobile development, security.
- Strong ability to solve technical problems using cloud and cognitive computing technologies.
- Involved in online developer community groups.
- Excellent marketing skills and business logic.
- Strong software developer background, write code and share knowledge.
- Experience with Xamarin, Cordova and BlackBerry SDKs
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: