Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
You will be an important part of the leadership team for Riot China's merchandising business. Firstly, you will build and develop our sales and channel organization from scratch by working with a series of partners at both Riot China and Central, as well as the team from our local partner (Tencent) and many other external parties. You are also expected to be both a leader in developing our merch sales strategy and roadmap, as well as driving the operation to deliver the business result. Additionally, as Rioter, you will be an important partner for Riot China's overall strategy development, to fulfill our vision of delighting more and more players in this country.
As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- An exceptional team builder and leader: your mentality and skill-set in building a sizable business as well as a growth oriented team behind will be essential to the success of this role. You will need to have proven track record of building a competitive organization to step into new business territories, expanding to new channels and scale up quickly. And your great people skill will help you to keep motivating the team and guiding them to the right track.
- A strong general manager to lead business operation: You are capable to manage and operate a business and lead its entire P&L. You need to be very familiar with how a business runs, from front-line sales & channel, to back-end accounting and supply. You will be sensitive to external environment and extremely comfortable to interacting with various partners, building the relationship and find the business development opportunities.
- A strategic thinker: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision. You can see the long term road-map and bigger picture when others may not and provide very clear guidance to the team. You know what you want and what you need to give up in order to achieve a long term success and sustainable growth.
- A humble but fast learner: gaming is a fast-developing industry that keeps changing all the time; rules and experience from yesterday may not be applicable today, there is always a lot of new stuff to learn; you're capable, yet humble, and you're eager to learn new things from your colleagues and more importantly, from players, no matter who they are. In short, you must equip with the mentality of "stay hungry", and the desire / capability of fast learning.
- A strong communicator: you have pro communication capabilities, and are able to effectively collaborate with internal teams, our close partners, and third-party vendors; you are a good listener and are able to communicate with candor, concision, and clarity, also able to create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video game is what drove you to the industry; you love games, and take play seriously.
- Experience in top FMCG/E-commerce/Merchandising companies would be a big plus for this role.
- Develop Riot China's sales and channel organization with a growth oriented structure, and build the team together with other leadership in the office. Particularly, hiring will be a critical part of this job and a key to its success.
- Develop strategy and roadmap for Riot China merch sales and channel for a long term success, set the north star for this entity to win in the market and deliver extra value to players and to Riot.
- Lead the frontline operation of Riot China's merchandising business with a focus on sales and channel, look after the P&L of this organization. Aggressively expand the business into new territories and new channels, and scale it up quickly. Be sensitive to cost and efficiency which help you find the most sustainable way to grow the business.
- Actively find and build partners / business relationships that we need to enable a bigger success of this company. Be external focused and sensitive to the market.
- Partner with other leadership / disciplines within Riot office to strive for our success in China – not only for Merchandising, but also for e-sports, media and other business – and ultimately delight our players across the country.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.